Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: FAST REPLY PLEASE, which camera

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Scrudder's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2001
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Which camera should I get GAF S/86, $4.99, or Canon 814 Autozoom $15.00. Im a beginner and looking for something reliable, fairly easy, and GOOD. Thanks for you help

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Rigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2001
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don?t know them, but why not get both and try them? Best things to look for in a camera are sharp lenses and good transportation of film, but you have to try this with a catridge inside. Having manual exposimeter is essential to have control of the light.

    By the way, any S8 cam is easy enough to use. Have fun shooting!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Rigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2001
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Another thing.. I?m sure you?re too young to be in that rush. Calm down!

  4. #4
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post


    that reminds me of listening to a relative complain about drivers....

    ...the young kids have all the time in the world, and drive like they have none...meanwhile the old-timers drive like they have all the time in the world...

    -Alex

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Rigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2001
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You know what we say in Spain? Dress me up slowly that I?m in an rush, and not because you get up early the sun rises before..

    Gotta be wise little grasshopper

  6. #6
    Inactive Member ulrichsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2001
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Geez!, the poor guy asks a simple question and you two give him sample quotes from the inside of a fortune cookie wink

    Anyway, I don't know anything about the GAF, but I have done a fair bit of research on the Canons. I believe the 814 Autozoom only shoots 18fps, while the 814E shoots 18 and 24? Not for certain, I get these 2 confused, but I know there is a difference. $15 sounds like a GREAT price, though, worst comes to worst, you could always buy and sell it on Ebay for about $100 if you don't like it and then put the rest of the money towards another camera. Unless the one you are looking at is on Ebay, in which case it is probably won't stay at $15.

    But I'm with Rigo; $20 for 2 cameras equals about the cost of 1 roll of filming + processing so in the long run extra cash is insignifigant.

    On another note, I was listening to NPR today talking about short films, and the shortest short film is 1 second in length running at an even 24 frames. It is a pencil drawing that turns into a real-life image of a person. They didn't say the medium, but it smacks of super8 playful imagination.

    Good luck on the camera,
    Scott Ulrich

    [This message has been edited by ulrichsd (edited July 30, 2001).]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    I have a Canon 814 Autozoom, and it produces wonderful pictures!
    The camera is capable of shooting at 24 fps as well as 18, plus another for fast motion (9 fps, I believe.)
    If you have the chance to pick it up for 15 big ones, thats a great price. But...I would ask the seller where has it been stored (hopefully in the case) and what condition is the camera in overall.
    I picked up the original set plus a few extras for 40 bucks, I don't think I will ever get that lucky again buying online.
    Im not sure about the Gaf camera, but what the hell, its nice to have one for stunt work. : )

    Good Luck
    Sc0tt

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •